Know the City!
Visiting first time, here’s the list that can be useful
We care our visitors, we also know that you might be in the city for the first time, hence here are few important links and short descriptions that will help you out when in Tulsa city, as we know its always good to be less starger.
- Activities : Visit any of our 144 parks and it’s easy to see why the Tulsa region is known as Oklahoma’s “Green Country.” From the championship layout golf course at La Fortune Park to the 15,000 blooming azaleas of Woodward Park and the rock climbing at Chandler Park, our 6,000 acres of lush and lively parks offer something for everyone.
- Airport : Tulsa International Airoports rich aviation heritage has built a foundation of community support for the aerospace industry. This is prevelant especially in Tulsa’s general aviation community. Our convenient air transportation system makes Tulsa a popular base for private and corporate aircraft.
- Attractions : Older than Oklahoma itself, Tulsa has held many titles: “The Oil Capital of the World,” “America’s Most Beautiful City,” and “The Birthplace of Route 66.” Tulsa’s history is vast, ranging from the fanciful times that produced affluence and culture still evident in the Art Deco sky scrapers that fill downtown, to the tragic Tulsa Race Riot of 1921.
- Casinos : Your first step onto Riverwind Casino’s gaming floor will be the start of a wild ride of chance. In its 219,000 square foot floor, you can choose from over 2,700 electronic games, 28 table games, a poker room open 24/7, off-track betting and a high limits room.
- Dinning : What sounds good? Thai, Tex-Mex or Tapas? Indian or Italian? How about Sushi, German, Brazilian or Amish? Then, of course, there’s the incredible steaks, seafood, BBQ, burgers and pub food.
- Government : Our city boasts a widely diversified business base, including aerospace, telecommunications, manufacturing, construction, high technology, healthcare, education, transportation and energy. Tulsa, one of “America’s Most Livable Communities,” is known as the Mecca for arts in Oklahoma. Art deco masterpieces are prevalent in many of our downtown buildings and churches.
- Hospitals : Saint Francis Health System offers a complete continuum of healthcare services. Almost 1,000 physicians serve the patients of Saint Francis Health System through primary care medicine and advanced medical specialties.
- Shopping : Woodland Hills Mall is a 2-level, 1 plus million square-foot, super regional shopping center anchored by Dillard’s, ,jcpenneys, Macy’s and Sears. The center features more than 165 fine stores, including over 80 stores you won’t find anywhere else in Tulsa. Among Woodland Hills Mall’s amenities are a carousel, a children’s play area, a glass elevator and a food court with selections to suit everyone’s tastes. We look forward to seeing you on your next shopping outing!
- University : As a comprehensive, doctoral-degree-granting institution, The University of Tulsa provides undergraduate, graduate, and professional education of the highest quality in the arts, humanities, sciences, business, education, engineering, law, nursing, and applied health sciences.
- Motel 6 South Tulsa Oklahoma OK Hotels Lodging Accommodations Budget Affordable Motels Cheap Vacation Packages Specials Pet Friendly Weddings Business Travelers Business Meetings Extended Stay